To find out how Bristol Energy is making a meaningful difference to the energy sector you can get in touch with us for an update. We’ll let you know how we’re getting on with our mission to deliver social, environmental and economic benefits.
Municipal energy companies have worked well in other parts of Europe, with revenues being reinvested by local authorities back into local communities. Plans to set up an energy company were part of Bristol’s successful bid to be 2015 European Green Capital, but discussions began as early as 2010. In July 2015, Bristol City Council approved the setting up of Bristol Energy as a fully licensed energy supply company, wholly owned by the council, but run by energy experts.
What we are doing
Not only does Bristol Energy offer a fairer price for electricity and gas through tariffs that are simple to understand, every customer we gain will help us to:
- Give everyone a fair deal on their energy
- Address the issue of fuel poverty
- Support locally generated renewables
- Work together with local communities to help them thrive
- Increase local investment in infrastructure and create jobs
- Provide more resilient energy both for today and for future generations
If you’re a journalist and you’d like to get the facts about Bristol Energy first hand, then get in touch with our press team, or for general media enquiries please email email@example.com.